MIDI Control Capabilities for Sound Byte
With Sound Byte, the so-called "cart machine" used at commercial radio stations in the past is now available to anyone with a computer.
has extensive MIDI control capabilities, making it easy to trigger cart playback, adjust volume, fade, abort sounds, change racks, and so on.
- Abort - Immediately stop playback of all carts
- Pause - Pause playback of all carts
- Fade - Trigger a fadeout of the currently playing cart
- Max Volumes - Set all carts to the maximum volume
- Mute - Mute any playing carts
- Talk - Drop the volume of playing carts, so you can do a voice over
- Reset Disabled - Reset any previously played carts, so they can be played again
- Reset Played - Reset the PLAYED marker on carts that have already been played
- Clear Play Times - Clear the number of times each cart has been played
- Next Rack - Switch to the next rack of carts
- Previous Rack - Switch to the previous rack of carts
- Cart Volume - Adjust the volume of the currently playing cart
- Rack Volume - Adjust the overall volume of the rack
Sound Byte is perfect for:
Available for both Mac and PC, you'll enjoy features not found in more expensive software.
For example, you can:
- Radio, podcast and TV productions - have ads, announcements, songs and sound effects at your fingertips
- Theater Productions - play any sound effect on cue
- Sports Events - jazz up the commentary for your home team with sound effects each time they score
- Ham radio operators - generate CQ calls for contesting and more
- Music Lovers - organize YOUR collection YOUR way
- Select up to 75 recordings per rack (screen) and assign a button to each
- Assign Hot Keys to access individual sound effects at the touch of a button
- Play multiple recordings simultaneously
- Organize playlists in an order YOU control
- Master the Timed Playlist feature for perfect timing every time
- Use a MIDI keyboard to trigger sound playback
- Direct sounds to different output devices and channels
Not sure you need all the bells and whistles? Black Cat Systems offers Sound Byte in three versions, so you purchase only what you need.
- Sound Byte supports five racks of carts, or up to 375 recordings total.
- Sound Byte Lite supports a single rack of carts, or up to 75 recordings total.
- Sound Byte Pro supports fifty racks of carts, or up to 3750 recordings total.
The regular and Pro versions of Sound Byte allow you to archive your racks, to make backups,
as well as to copy them to another machine. All of your sound files are included in the
archive, making it easy to lay out your rack on one machine and move it to another.
A playlist feature allows you to organize sound clips to be played in a particular order.
There's also a timed playlist, so that you can program certain sounds to play at an exact
time. Perfect for a live radio show or other event!
Take a look at our detailed description of
Sound Byte Features
Still not sure? Then try Sound Byte risk-free!
Give it a try. See for yourself how easy it is to use.
Once you're convinced that this is the best digital sound automation software out there,
simply register your copy and continue enjoying all the wonderful Sound Byte features.
If for any reason you decide Sound Byte isn't for you, just delete your copy. It's that simple.
The latest version of Sound Byte is 4.6.3
Sound Byte starts at just $39
Buy your copy online, and get your registration code in minutes!