Spectrum Pad FAQ
Spectrum Pad - Audio Spectrum Analyzer App for the iPhone, iPad or iPhone Touch
To scroll around different frequencies, touch the graph and drag with your finger.
Pinch to zoom in.
Tap on the Settings button to make these changes:
These can be turned on and off with the switches:
- Fill Graph - fills in the entire spectrum in green, rather than just a single line
- Grid display - adds X/Y grid lines
- Logarithmic - plots the entire 10 to 20,000 Hz range with a log X axis
Tap on the number of FFT bins to change it, from 1024 to 262144, in powers of two.
Select the number of markers, from zero to five.
If you are running iOS 7 or later, be sure to give the app permission to use the
microphone. If you denied permission, you can always give it again by following
- Open Settings app and go to "Privacy"
- Select "Microphone" to get a list of all apps that have requested access to the microphone, and to control which apps have access to the microphone
Here are some details on
directly connecting an audio line source to your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch