- Monitor your home for radon, and other natural radiation sources -
the GM-10 and GM-45 can detect radon decay products. By monitoring radiation levels, you can detect
changes in the background radiation in your home or office enviroment.
- Nuclear power plant monitoring - If you live in the vicinity of a nuclear power plant, you
can monitor the ambient radiation level in your home, and immediately detect an increase, which
could be caused by a leak of radioactive gases, or other emissions.
- Detection of radioactive contamination in foods - Some foods (such as certain seafoods, like prawn) have
been known to be contaminated with radioactive materials. Our detectors can detect radiation levels
even slightly above background.
- Checking for radioactive materials - Various materials, such as bricks, stones, steel, etc,
can be contaminated with radioactive materials, either due to man made waste being added, or
naturally occuring minerals. Our detectors can detect these potentially dangerous conditions.
- Teachers and hobbyists can use our detectors for simple and safe experiments with radiation, and
Be sure to visit our collection of interesting
that can be performed with the GM-10 and GM-45 detectors.
We'll be starting a page of notes and comments from GM-10 and GM-45 users. Please feel free to write to us
with details on how you're using your GM-10 and GM-45. We'd be pleased to include links to your website
These links may be of interest:
Thinking of buying a surplus CDV-700 or 715 detector? Be sure to read our